I've never made a reading goal list before and always kind of gone with the wind, but I figured I might as well try this year. It will be cool to have a little bit of direction and inspiration for my next choices, and so I don't forget any I've been really wanting to read! Also it's fun to be challenged to read something I might not typically read. I'm going to use PopSugar's Reading Challenge as my inspiration...
A couple of these I might skip, and a few of these are going to be accomplished by same book because War & Peace is a beast. These are my tentative book plans...
Also, you can see there are blanks, I need your recommendations! Do you have any book goals?
- Based on fairy tale:
- NBA winner:All The Pretty Horses - Cormac McCarthy
- YA bestseller:
- Haven't read since high school: The Harry Potter series
- Set in Alberta: Coppermine-Keith Leckie
- Translated to English: War & Peace-Tolstoy
- Romance set in the future: The Heart Goes Last - Margaret Atwood
- Set in Europe: War & Peace
- Under 150 pages:
- NY Times bestseller: The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
- Becoming a movie this year: The Girl on the Train
- Recommended by someone you just met: The Little Communist Who Never Smiled
- Self-improvement book: Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child - John Gottman
- A book you can finish in a day: One of the graphic novels
- Written by a celebrity: Why Not Me- Mindy Kaling
- Political memoir: My Early Life - Winston Churchill
I am so not excited about this genre. But I'm homing Winston will change my mind...
- At least 100 years older than you: The Mystery of Cloomber - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
I've never read an ACD book before. This one was written 100 years before I was born so...lets try this one!
- More than 600 pages: War & Peace
- Oprah's Book Club:
- Recommended by a family member:
- Graphic novel: Habibi - Craig Thompson
- Published in 2016: A House With No windows
- A book with a protagonist who has your occupation: Room - Emma Donoghue
Yes this is kind of a twisted choice but I've been wanting to read it, and she's a stay at home mom riiiight!? :|
- Takes place during summer:
- Murder mystery: Coppermine - Keith Ross Leckie
- Written by a comedian: Born Standing Up - Steve Martin
- Dystopian: Wool series - Hugh Howey
- Has blue cover: Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance -Robert M. Pirsig
Uh oh...did I just commit to this? Yet another book that I've made it through half of and left behind, I find this to be more lofty of a goal than War & Peace. We'll see...
- Poetry: Sinners Welcome - Mary Karr
- First book you see in a bookstore:
- Classic from 20th century:
- Library book: Many of these...
- Autobiography: Churchill or Martin will cover this one too.
- About a road trip:
- About an unfamiliar culture: No-No Boy - John Okada
While I am more familiar with Japanese culture, I am embarrassingly unfamiliar with the painful history of Japanese culture in North America which I think is important to learn about.
- Takes place on an island:
- Guaranteed to bring you joy: