Check out this cool diptic I made. Notice how 3 out of the 4 pictures are of me!?
Today has been rough. My grand outbreak of eczema is making me feel quite uncomfortable and insecure. I am really tired. I look really tired. Crying doesn't help you not look tired. Also generally pudgy.
All I can think about is all this shit, how crappy I look, how crappy I feel, on repeat. Here, let me take a picture of it. Here let me tell you over and over... Finally, half way through the day, a clever little voice in my head (Holy Spirit maybs?) said, "maybe you should look outside or something...try taking a picture of that tree?"
So I took a picture of the tree and scripted a blog about my day in my head. There's something about publicly telling everyone all your woes which makes you realize how self-absorbed, ungrateful and privileged you are.
After that little slap of ice water to my face, I will try and make the second half of this day better. You know what helps you be humble and happy? Thank you lists. Here's mine:
- I got a freakin' massage at lunch. Thank you benefits. Thank you lunch breaks. Thank you massage therapists.
- It's really nice out today. Thank you sun and chinooks.
- I really want to not be thankful for makeup but today it really helped me out. THANKS eyeliner.
- I'm going to buy a coffee and a doughnut promptly after writing this. Thankkkkkk you Tim Hortons, sugar, and carbs.
- My husband is nice to me even though I am super whiny this week (*ahem* months). Thank you baby.
- Most of the things I've been complaining about today are shallow and insignificant. Why I am so privileged to think I can complain about these things is beyond me, but I am thankful that the deep and important things give no cause for complaint. Thank you God, thank you family, thank you friends.